Saturday, 16 July 2005

To nap or not to nap, that is the question


[This journal entry is just a translation of one in Portuguese. I don’t want my non-Portuguese speaking contacts to think that I’m excluding them in any way by posting in Portuguese also. I’m just unable to translate everything I write. I’m sorry. But I don’t want to deprive you of my mental leakage, as you don’t deprive me of yours, which I read, all of it, even if I don’t post a reply, for whatever a reason.]


And so it is, dear so public diary, that I was thinking about the benefits of napping. And then I thought of the act of love-making. The biological cycle of man makes morning to be the best period for this sex, when he recovered all his energy, and all blood is flushing freely to inject that vital part of the body (No, no, it is not the brain I am talking about! It is the dick, alright!). While the female cycle makes the night to be the best period, ending the day in perfection, the conclusion of all events. Nature seemed absurd to me, even stupid, for a moment there. But then I thought that if the act takes place at noon, then the best period of both opposites will meet. And this might be another argument for a napping period to be instituted in all countries of the world. And, while such reality isn’t true here, I shout: ¡Y Viva España! *


* “Long  Live Spain!” Spain has a napping period institutionalised, from 12:30 to 14:00.