Details are available everywhere, so my focus here is on general aspects.
What I've been seeing in between smoke and stones is this need for utopia as a fundamental human right. Fairness in wealth distribution, or fully secular democracies might well be far off in the future, if attainable at all. But our minds need those goals, and our bodies need such souls so that we don't drop both our arms, as a Portuguese poet put it.
All of a sudden I'm dreaming of prosperity and illumination in the Mediterranean Muslim world, of the kind that lent endearing cultural traits to Portugal, and to a wider extent to Andalusia. Before this utopia was put back on the table once again, I always thought of those cultural traits as something relatively rich for those ages but also locked away in the past.
No more!
And as I'm talking of fundamental rights, I might as well add two manly rights. Ladies and more gentle men please do not judge me for exclusion here, and rather go and think of your own rights (to which you'll probably find a supporter in me).
An utopia might be good for us as part of a society. Yet as individuals we might need something more personal and exclusive to each.
Literature taught me that we need muses--why do you think one is «amused» or not? A muse can be any female who you don't know well enough but who exerts a good influence on your male chemicals, hopefully not only because you don't know her well enough. But if that's the price, it won't cost you dearly.
And my senses taught me that we need a full naked body Thai style massage, and the subsequent manual release of sexual stress, at least once in our lifetime. Many think that that is just paid for sex. I beg to disagree, agreeing that it is sex related and a paid service as well.
Think of this: any soldier ordered to fight a specific country must undergo a test. The test is that of a full naked body massage delivered by an enemy woman. In the end the soldier is asked to go and kill that woman's relatives.
Now come and tell me of World Peace!
__________
Written in Times New Roman, written in Times New Roman.