My favourite word is word.
It has no meaning by itself, yet it means so much.
If I were to write the most beautiful of poems, I would write it like this:
Word,–.’[?]’:”(;)”!…
But, unfortunately for me, and for you, if you try to write the most beautiful of poems – even more beautiful than my own, for you are envious and jealous, and you would want nothing but to write the most beautiful of poems, not caring even for a bit that that would make my most beautiful of poems not so stunning – this poem was already written. All we have left to do, if we don’t change our intent, is to plagiarize or pervert it.
I had to decide.
(And I don’t know about you.)
So I chose to write other words.
My favourite words were already written.
So I had to plagiarize or pervert them.
What is your excuse?