The Memonon * are a curious species I am only aware of recently. There are always too many events going on, or my easily distracted disposition fails to perceive the obvious for a long time.
I know that life is experimental by nature, and we can admire it superficially in human faces, when by their observation we’re reminded of fish, dogs, birds, hopefully not while gazing at a mirror. But the Memonon… why did life bother?
And how could we’ve not noticed them before? I googled them out and found none to have been reported online. So we need some hints to hunt them down and begin their documenting.
One of their most common phrasing is, “Life is short.” They can produce such an utterance since their teenage years up to their last breath on earth. Evolution seems to have endowed them with the inability to remember every second they lived until each moment they’re considering their lives to be short.
That one might be a good trait. Let’s imagine that a male Memonon could at, say, 23 years of age remember his entire past life. It would take him exactly 23 more years to relive it all in his memory. By the end of that experience, the average Memonon would be 46 years old. Would he still feel like saying that, “Life is short,” or, “What the heck have I been saying”?
According to the latest studies on neuroscience, psychiatry, and psychology I’ve been reading, the Memonon will most likely keep on behaving the same way even after reading this short account of mine. It’s in their genes. But at the very least some of us will realise what we’re not part of them, and praise our brains for condensing our past memories into a feeling that will not transform itself into the "life is short" fallacy.
__________
* Word coined out of memory, moron and non.