Yesterday, I don’t remember why exactly anymore, but probably out of examining many people’s postings on Multiply, the thought that the world (specifically the North American part of it, but it is a worldwide phenomena) was eager for inspirational stuff crossed my mind. It was a strong suspicion, and by chance I had a look today at amazon.com’s list of bestsellers…
1.
The Last Lecture
by Randy Pausch and Jeffrey Zaslow
2.
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (Oprah's Book Club, Selection 61)
by Eckhart Tolle
3.
Just Who Will You Be?: Big Question. Little Book. Answer Within.
by Maria Shriver
4.
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
by Eckhart Tolle
5.
The God Delusion
by Richard Dawkins
Of number one, I watched a video posted by someone here on Multiply. Pausch is going to die of cancer (I don’t know yet when the lecture was filmed), had six months to live and decided to give a last lecture. He avoided touching the topic of religion and spirituality, among others, and showed a very good humour talking about his achieved dreams in life, how he did it, and I seriously hope his family’s welfare is secured by the sales of the video and the book, for he won’t be around to provide for them anymore. He's a good man.
Number two is recommended by Oprah.
Number three could be too.
Number four might still be.
And number five tries to undermine religious belief, the loss of which in turn has been helping to produce stuff like number two, three and four… and even number one, I guess.
On the top twenty list one can still find two books on how to lose weight. And that can well be the physical world epidemic, au pair with spiritualism — the metaphysical one.
Therefore, I think one day I'll write a book on how to lose weight spiritually, with all the inspirational matters I've came across with in life, including breathing in (inspiration) and out (expiration), eating (healthy input) and crapping (healthy output), before the true expiration (that's why we need inspiration while living, isn't it?).